Monday 9 March 2009

Reconciling: the snow, the spring

Even though I knew not to get excited for the recent warm weather, as everyone knew it would not last, I could not help it. I get excited and hopeful, all the time. So, when it was warm, and I wore a skirt and no tights to class, and I went on a walk through Provo one day, I started dreaming about the spring. It was all parks and walks and bike rides and being outside and wearing less layers. But it started getting cold again and it snowed today. I couldn't help but feel a tiny sad, and then, surprisingly, glad that the snow wasn't totally over. I'm glad the winter isn't gone, because I do like skiing and I do think the snow is so very pretty. So that is what needs reconciling. Perhaps, though it does not. It's okay to like two opposite things, I think.

No comments: